Monday, February 9, 2009

Locks of Love!

While I was in Austin I had a little extra time one evening. I looked up Locks of Love and found a hip salon that gives a discounted haircut if you donate. They package it and ship it for you, so it was super easy. It is a minimum of 10 inches, so it was a little scary saying yes. However, I love the idea of helping to make a wig for some special little kid.
Before
After: Sorry it is cheesy, it is harder than it looks to take a photo of yourself. lol Once I came home I added highlights and lowlights to my hair as well. It is a huge difference!

7 comments:

Becky said...

I love it! Makes you look so 'grown' and sophisticated...a real 'hip happenin' mama!!

Amanda said...

Kelly, It looks great, I love the short look!

Amanda said...

It looks fantastic! :-)

Kathleen said...

It looks great, Kelly!

Sean and Kristi said...

I love it! I think it is a great idea. Where did you find a list of salons? I have been thinking about cutting my hair, and if I do I would love to do something like that. I would love to see an updated look.

Karlise said...

It looks great Kelly!!

Alison said...

What a COOL thing you did Kell!! Gosh your hair had gotten long! I absolutely LOVE the new cut! You look so sophisticated...not to mention gorgeous as always. This will feel great come summer time!