Monday, April 19, 2010

"Not Me!" Monday

This week we started our insane 4 nights a week of baseball, and that is just between 3 boys on 2 teams. I can't imagine how insane it will be when we have 4 boys on 4 different teams. It wasn't me that loaded the diaper bag FULL of snacks and kept shoveling them down Brennan's gullet just to hopefully get a few minutes of peace to watch the games. Even if that was me I would have only fed him healthy snacks like fresh strawberries, pretzels, water, etc. So when I realized those weren't going to hold him off long I did not break out nerds and other candy just to buy me more time. I would never decide that a few moments sanity was worth a very messy child in dire need of a bath by the time we made it home. Nope, not me!

This week in class while watching their iMovie projects, I did not make my freshmen class watch the Mutton Bustin' video I made of the boys along with their projects. I mean true, I think the video is pretty stinking hilarious, but really who would make their students watch it too? I doubt freshmen would want to watch a bunch of little kids riding around on the back of sheep anyway. Since I didn't make them watch it, it wasn't them that was cracking up the entire time either.

This week we took Bluebonnet pictures. This has become a yearly tradition for our family. We have taken pictures of the boys in the Bluebonnets every year since Brandt was a baby. Since this is so important to us, we always rush out the second the Bluebonnets bloom. We never wait until the absolute last minute and have to drive all over the place searching for a semi-decent patch to take pictures in. That would be insane to sometimes drive over an hour just to take pictures of boys in flowers. So this year we heard there was still some nice patches left in town, and as we were driving over there it started pouring on us. Remember we had baseball the other 4 nights this week, and that left this one and only night to take pictures. By the weekend the chances of the Bluebonnets still being there were slim. So it wasn't me praying the entire way over there for there to be no rain. I mean who says prayers like that? Plus it was only 15 minutes from our house and it was pouring at our house and on the way over there, that is until we got 2 minutes from where we were taking pictures. Ah, success! Now getting 4 boys to look and smile at the camera at the same time, well that is a whole different ballgame.

Would you like to share what you have not been up to lately? If so, join the Not Me! Monday fun! Simply write your own post on your blog, link back within your post to MckMama's blog, and sign up with MckLinky.

No comments: