Monday, April 12, 2010

"Not Me!" Monday

I have not done a "Not Me!" Monday in over 2 months so I think today would be a good day to write one. Things are flying by in warp speed at our house right now. I hope to have several blog posts of some of the things we have been up to on here this week.

This week I did not get so desperate for my almost 2 year old to go bed one night that I actually climbed in the toddler bed with him. I certainly exceed the weight limit, and it would be super crowded on that crib sized mattress for a momma and a baby. Nor would I have loved the extra loving and the hugs and kisses and stayed there for over 20 minutes before finally pulling myself out. Nope, not me!

This week we did not drive over 2 1/2 hrs (with no traffic) to Galveston, Texas so the boys could do Mutton Bustin' (riding on the back of a sheep) at their fair. You see we had baseball opening ceremonies the next morning at 8 AM, and they weren't even going to start the Mutton Bustin' until 8:45 PM. Not to mention a 2 1/2 hr drive back home when they finished. Since we didn't go, it certainly wasn't my mother that ran out of gas on I-45 in downtown Houston in 5 o'clock traffic on a Friday afternoon. Nor would it take us over 1 1/2 hrs for everyone to pile into our van to go get gas and get back to her car only to find it hooked up to a tow truck when we arrived. Had that been us, it would have be great to know in Houston if you dial 311 they will send a tower to get you off the highway free of charge. Awesome to know, you know in case this doesn't happen again since my mother has never run out of gas before.

During Opening Ceremonies for baseball we were at the ball park from 8 AM to 2 PM. I am very diligent about sunscreen, so it wasn't me who forgot to put it on my back and is now the same shade as a lobster. In my defense, until last year I had long hair so I have never had to put sunscreen on my back, because my hair covered it. Ouch, I certainly won't be making that mistake again.

This week Brayden turned 6. We were not crazy enough to let him invite both Kindergarten classes to come to our house for a building party. We stopped having parties at our house when he turned 2, and for a reason. So we would not decide to be glutens for punishment now. The little kits you can get from Lowe's every other Saturday + 25 Kindergartners + hammers and nails + MY house = total insanity. We would never be that crazy. So it wasn't in the middle of the night that one of the 5 little boys who spent the night got up and started walking around the kitchen. I ran in there just in time to watch him walk over to my trash can, open it, pee in it, turn around and go lay back down as if nothing happened. You see the light in the kitchen was off, but the light in the hall and bathroom were on. Wouldn't it make logical sense to walk towards to light? I thought so!

Would you like to share what you have not been up to lately? If so, join the Not Me! Monday fun! Simply write your own post on your blog, link back within your post to MckMama's blog, and sign up with MckLinky.

2 comments:

Shiri Briseno said...

Ha! The peeing in the trash is just too funny. Sorry you don't know me but I follow MckMamma's blog and when I saw you had four boys (we do too!) I just had to see what your not me's looked like. Thanks for sharing:)

Carrie said...

I'm rolling laughing imagining you and Brennan together in his toddler bed!...Or any other grown up in a toddler bed, for that matter!!! :)