Tuesday, April 17, 2007

1st Dentist Trip & Prayer Request

This morning Brayden had his 1st speech therapy with the school district. He had to be completely registered at the school, just as if he was in Kindergarden there, which was a treat. It was so weird to see him go in a big classroom, and the realization that it won't be that much longer until he is there full-time. His therapist said he did great, and she thinks he'll get it quickly. I am praying she is right, although, we were told the same thing when we started on this road a year ago. I think this lady will be great, and I am looking forward to all that she can do for him. Just last week he was telling a stranger he had cheese on his burger and he understood. That was a very exciting first, that a stranger could understand him! Way to go Brayden!

Both of the older boys went to the dentist for the 1st time today. Brandt let them do x-rays and look at his teeth, but wanted to lay in my lap when they cleaned his teeth. He has 1 small cavity in the front that we will have to see a pediatric dentist for, but other than that the dentist said he looked great.

Brayden was a little nervous this time. He wanted no part of the x-ray, and I was really nervous about how he was going to do with having his teeth cleaned. He wanted in my lap too, which is weird to lay in the chair with the light, but not have to have your mouth open. Anyway, he ended up doing great and had no cavities. So Brandt picked out a new green toothbrush, and Brayden picked out a new orange toothbrush.

Now on to the prayer request. Brandt had a follow-up appt with a pediatric gastroenterologist last Thursday. They ran 8 different blood tests, and we scheduled an ultrasound of his stomach and an upper GI, with continuance into the lower bowels for next Wednesday. Then we'll have another appt to go over the results on that Thursday. I am praying since we haven't heard anything on the blood results, then there isn't anything serious going on. We also could use a lot of prayers for that appt. He can't have anything to eat or drink after midnight until after his tests are completed. We start the ultrasound at 8, followed by the upper GI at 9. We're going to need prayers to get him to drink that stuff, although she did tell me to bring chocolate syrup from home and they'll add that for him. Then we have to wait for it to pass all the way through his lower bowel, which she said could be 30 minutes, could be 4 hours or more. All of this time, he can't eat. Ideally, we'd love to find nothing wrong and to presume these episodes are behind us.

Thank you all for your prayers!

1 comment:

brickmomma said...

Is the appt in Temple? Glad the dentist went well and I am excited for bray and speech!