Thursday, June 18, 2009

Great Grandma J

Dustin's grandmother, lovingly called Grandma J, lives almost 1200 miles away. We try really hard to get up there once a year and she tries to come down here at least once a year, although with Brennan's pregnancy and birth we haven't been there since I was just 12 weeks pregnant in Oct. '07. She is an amazing women, and will be 92 in October. The kids love her, and I mean love her. They are so sweet, and just walk by and give her hugs and kisses because they want to. Brayden told me before she got there that she was his best friend and the neatest person on the Earth. Man, I hope my grandkids talk about me like that someday. The boys are all very close with her, and you would never guess they lived so far away if you were to watch them together. One of the best things I gained when I married Dustin was Grandma J.

The boys had been so excited to see her that they could hardly contain themselves when they finally saw her.

Even Brennan was excited to see her, even though the last time he saw her he wasn't even 2 months old yet.
The way she holds and hugs the kids you would never guess she is 91.
Love her expression in this photo
Brayden
Brandt (ignore the cup: he was on the carpet at his grandparents' house)
Brandt
She had to get a hand on each of them, it was so cute

Saying goodbye: Bryson
Brayden
Brandt

She came to our house last weekend, but we try to spend as much time as possible with her when she is in Texas. So Tuesday, the boys and I drove to Austin to spend some more time with her before she left. She treated the boys to Chuck E Cheese, and they had a blast. We had to tell her good bye yesterday afternoon, which is never fun. I wish she did not live so far away, but we are already looking forward to our next visit.

3 comments:

mommaof3 said...

Those pictures are precious!!!! I love the good bye ones :(

Quiltermama said...

Making sweet, sweet memories! She sounds wonderful!

Carrie said...

Awwww, she looks so sweet and spunky!