Monday, June 8, 2009

"Not Me!" Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I didn't let my 13 month old crawl all over the beach last weekend. That would certainly have resulted in him eating sand and getting filthy dirty as evident by this photo. Remember I am the mom who did my best to keep my children OUT of anything dirty and as a result my oldest child still does not like anything on his hands. I most certainly have not mellowed over time with my 4 boys. It wasn't like I finally realized that it is just a part of raising boys and to embrace it instead of fighting it as evident by this photo. Nope not me! Sorry for the poor quality, it is a sepia canvas print that I took a picture of.

Yesterday morning I did not get a call from my husband that our 25 year old A/C unit was caput. Nope, I do not have that kind of luck. That would have meant that me skipping along in my own dream world hoping that the A/C would hang on until we could afford a new one would be over. The inside temperature in my house did not get over 84 degrees, it is not like this is Texas in the summer. That would have been miserable and with 4 small children we would not have been able to stay there. That would have resulted in us driving to my parents, an hour away, to turn around and come back early this morning for work. That would have been way too much driving just for our comfort.

Today I did not bring all 4 small children to school with me while I met with 6 students to finish the yearbook. I know that if I brought them, ALL my effort would be spent on them and not my work. I would never have been too cheap after the A/C saga to opt to save as much money as I can by not hiring a babysitter. Nope, not me, I am not that cheap! I would not have been sweating bullets after just 1 hour from chasing them. The baby would not have gotten the door opened into his head or his hand shut in the door, since the boys are way more careful than that. I wouldn't have then laid the baby next door, in the art room, in his stroller for a nap just so I would only have to watch 3 kids. Nope, not me!

No comments: