Thursday, September 11, 2008

In Honor of Spetember 11th

On September 11th, 2001 we had been married a whole whopping 3 months and were both finishing our last year at A&M. The football game was cancelled that week, and by the following week the student body had planned, organized, and sold shirts for a Red, White, and Blue Out. It was such an amazing thing to be a part of (we were in the blue section). Even the opposing team's fans bought the shirts. It was a very emotional day and to see almost everyone in the stadium unite and show such pride in being Americans was something I will treasure for the rest of my life.

The little section in brown is the Corps of Cadets, and they had to wear their uniforms.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! That is very cool!! Spencer and I had been married for almost 2 weeks, we came home from our honeymoon the day before.

Alison said...

Kelly~how awesome! I remember A&M doing that. Chad&I had been married 8 years and it was 3 days before Cassidy's 7th birthday. I remember it like yesterday. I wasnt even pregnant with Catherine and by that point had all but given up EVER having more than 1 child. God is so good and he has shown in it so many ways. I know today is a hard day for our nation and having Chad in the military just makes it hit home.I am praying today for all the families who are remembering their loved ones who died.~(((Hugs)))~