Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Prayer Request

The last girl born into our family was 24 years ago when my baby sister was born. Since then there have been 7 straight boys, my brother, 2 nephews, then my 4 boys. My younger sister is expecting her 1st baby in December. It is finally a girl, Bridgett Isabelle. My sister has had high blood pressure for a while, even before she was pregnant. However, it is starting to get to the dangerous level, and because of that she is going weekly now for ultrasounds and non-stress tests (she was 29 weeks yesterday). Last week they discovered a thickening on the wall of the baby's heart that was not there the previous week. She has a specialty appointment with a pediatric cardiologist today to find out what is going on. Thankfully, my mom is able to go with her and her husband today. I would really appreciate prayers to calm her fears and nerves, and that the baby is just fine. Also, please pray that the baby keeps baking for a while (they already told her they wouldn't let her go past 38 weeks).

5 comments:

Karlise said...

I hope everything turns out okay!

Jennifer said...

Praying for a healthy baby girl!

Amanda said...

I just prayed for your sister and the baby. Please keep us posted Kelly.

Emily said...

Praying for your sister and sweet baby Bridgett. Keep us posted as she progresses.

Quiltermama said...

I haven't been on blogger in SO long! I'm praying for your sister & her baby now! I hope everything's ok!