Thursday, September 6, 2007

And just like that, God provided an answer

When I was dropping the boys off this morning I ran into a friend whose little girl was in Brayden's class last year at Central. She was adding her daughter to Brayden's class this year at Hillcrest. We got to talking waiting for the teachers' morning meeting to be over. She volunteered to pick up both boys on Tuesday and Thursday and take them to her house to play for an hour. She lives probably 3 minutes away from the church, and this will allow me to get them when I get off, and not have to deal with Dustin taking off everyday in the middle of the day to make the long trek. I didn't even think about that possibility until she had already volunteered. Isn't it amazing how God works sometimes?

Here is my schedule during the week, it makes me tired just looking at it. lol
Mondays: Drop Brandt off at school at 7:45, take Brayden to preschool by 8:45, then drop Bry off to his childcare and head back to BCS. Thankfully in the afternoons a friend is taking Brayden home from preschool, so I'll get Brandt, then go get Brayden from the friend, and then go get Bry and head home.

Tuesdays: Meet a different friend and give her my youngest 2 to take to MDO and pick up her son. Get both of them to BCS by 8, now the afternoons will be easier because I just have to drive across town to get them from their friend's house.

Wednesday: Meet same friend and give her Brayden and take her son. Drop Bry off at his childcare, and then get both boys to BCS by 8. I will run over at lunch and pick Brayden up from preschool and take him where Bry is. Then after school I will immediately take Brandt to his Spanish class and while he is there go pick up the other 2 and come back and get him.

Thursdays: I don't have a class until 10:30 so it is a much less rushed morning. I take Brandt to school at 7:30 and then come home and get ready. Take both boys to MDO and then pick them up in the afternoons from my friend's house.

Fridays: Take Brayden to speech at 7:30, take Brandt to school. Come back and get Brayden, then take Bry to his childcare and then Brayden on to preschool by 8:45, then dart back to school on time for my class at 9:30. This will be the hardest to get back to since it is completely across town from his preschool. I will sometimes get done at 1:45 and sometimes I will have meetings until 3:45. When I am done I will go get Brayden from my friend who has graciously taken him home from preschool, and then get Bry and then head home.

It is a lot of running, but worth it I think. Next year since Brayden will be at BCS too, and Bry won't be old enough for preschool yet, I think I am going to try to find someone to come to my house to watch him. That would simplify things a lot, especially since I only live maybe 5 minutes from school, but spend over an hour trying to get everyone where they go in the mornings and afternoons.

1 comment:

brickmomma said...

whew............makes me tired, too!
i'm glad to help out, hope it all works out!