Wednesday, August 13, 2008

First day of Kindergarten (and Pre-Kindergarten)

Today we went back to school. Where did the summer go? The boys were both very ready and very excited to go. How in the world do I have a child old enough for Kindergarten? Wasn't he just the little baby in the NICU? I am amazed at how far he has come, and what a special boy he is. Brayden thinks he is just as big as Brandt. He did wonderfully, and surpassed my expectations for him. I think he is going to do well, and his teacher is doing really well with understanding him. We are so proud of both of them.
Brayden picked out his clothes last night, and Brandt decided he wanted to match Brayden. They looked so cute today.
While we were taking Brayden to his class, Brandt just walked himself on into his class. lol His teacher is a family friend, and we are so excited he got her this year. She had zoo books out on their desk, and after Brandt saw that he didn't want to be bothered with having his picture taken. lol
I asked Brandt what his favorite part of today was, and he said it was the centers where he got to play with Legos.
What a sweet boy!
At this point, Brayden just wanted to go play with puzzles and had no interest in taking pictures. lol
He was so excited and so proud. Can you believe how big he is?
School can wear a kid out. lol When I asked Brayden what his favorite part of today was he told me it was playing outside for recess. Their classes eat lunch and play on the playground at the same times. When I was leaving for lunch I saw Brayden outside so I walked over to tell him hi, and I saw Brandt was there playing with his brother. They were so excited to get to play together. Although, they were both so HOT and sweaty.
Last year my very 1st class was Brandt's class. This year I had Brayden's class 1st and then immediately following had Brandt's. Total coincidence, but what a great way to start off the year.

5 comments:

Quiltermama said...

Sweet pictures!!! Mom looks exceptionally pretty in them too!!! :-)

Those Kindergarten days go SO fast! I'm looking forward to seeing the blogs as their year progresses! And, how blessed they are to be at such an awesome school!!! What a great start!!!

Karlise said...

Poor baby was tired! LOL Glad they had a good first day. We start Monday. I can't believe he's off to Kindergarten. :(

Emily said...

So cute. That's sweet about them matching. I know Molly is excited to have Brayden in her class. You let me know if Molly ever gives you any trouble in class:)

brickmomma said...

So great! I thought about you guys all day yesterday!!

I can't believe how big our #1s are!

Alison said...

OMG! They look ADORABLE!! I can remember when Cassidy wore her little uniforms. I LOVED It...She went to private,christian school until 5th grade. I'm so glad they had a good first day and you made it ok leaving Brennan! It sounds like you have a great lady watching him. Love all the Pics!!