Monday, May 10, 2010

"Not Me!" Monday

This week Dustin was gone to Dallas on a business trip and on my end we had a trip to urgent care, a positive strep throat test, and poop in the bathtub. Yep, not a very fun day at all! With Brandt being sick I had to miss my in-service day at work. I did not take the boys out scooter riding and to the splashpad on my sick leave. When my kids are sick they stay in bed all day, and every move I make is centered around them.

Nor did I take the afternoon off of work this week for an appointment that happened to be a hair cut, highlights, and a pedicure. I never do those things for me and I never take time off unless I absolutely have to so that certainly wasn't me. It isn't like that I am trying to spend my last few hours before the end of the school year.

For Mother's Day my husband asked me if I wanted to go to Target (my favorite store). I did not tell him that I wanted to go to my all-time favorite Target (an hour away). That would be ridiculous, because I have a Target 10 minutes from my house. Nor did my awesome hubby take me there. We made a detour by the outlet mall so I could look for a specific outfit that I desperately wanted that was sold out at local stores. This outfit of course would have been for me, and not a Gymboree outfit for my 2 year old. I mean a 2 year old boy could care less what he has on. I would never have been so incredibly excited for them to have the shirt I wanted in the size I needed that I had to refrain from jumping in the store. Nor would I make my child wear it today without washing it 1st. I always wash my kids clothes BEFORE they wear them.

Would you like to share what you have not been up to lately? If so, join the Not Me! Monday fun! Simply write your own post on your blog, link back within your post to MckMama's blog, and sign up with MckLinky.

No comments: