Monday, May 24, 2010

"Not Me!" Monday

This week I turned 30, gulp! The boys took me out to eat to celebrate my birthday. No way was my 2 year old so terrible that I pretended that I had to use the bathroom to just get a few QUIET minutes alone. Nor so bad that Dustin asked the waitress to not sing to me so we could make a quick exit to our car. So it wasn't me that sat quietly in the car and cried until I could compose myself. I guess he is taking it heart that he turned 2 last month so he needs to exhibit the terrible 2s now.

This week I did not show up at the ball park to take pictures of the boys only to realize I had left my memory card at home in my computer. The next day when I got to the ball park I was so proud of myself for remembering to grab the memory card on the way out the door, but when I went to take a picture nothing happened. No way did I grab the memory card, but fail to grab the battery that was still sitting in the charger at home. Nope, not me!

This week during one of Brandt's games (you know one of the days when I could actually remember to grab ALL necessary parts of the camera) I did not let the boys catch tadpoles. I mean how redneck would that be? Imagine 3 little boys in just their shorts standing in 2 pools puddles of water aimlessly grabbing into the murky water. I would never allow that...never to the tune of over 50 tadpoles currently swimming in a glass bowl in my kitchen.
This weekend we took the boys to Sea World in San Antonio. While we were feeding the sea lions my 4 year old started shouting he had to go potty. I of course dropped everything and immediately took him to the nearest bathroom. So it wasn't my child that peed all over himself and his daddy while he was at the hand washing station. Nope, not us!

Would you like to share what you have not been up to lately? If so, join the Not Me! Monday fun! Simply write your own post on your blog, link back within your post to MckMama's blog, and sign up with MckLinky.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Restaurant are not my two year olds favorite place either. He did like playing a Joe's Crab Shack's playground though.