Thursday, May 6, 2010

Q & A Time: ANSWERED

A while back I posted a Q & A post. Sorry it took me a while to answer the questions, but without further ado...

My friend Jenn from high school asked:

When do you plan on coming to Austin for a visit? We will be there some this summer for sure. My MIL is having hip surgery June 2nd so I know I will be in town for that.

When you do, can we meet up for lunch/dinner/drinks/laughs? Absolutely! Preferably sans kiddos. lol Although I would love to see McKenna and for you to see the boys!

Did you know that I follow your blog? No I didn't, but glad you do! I just found your blog from your comment.

If you were a hot dog, would you eat you? No, but my kids would give me a run for my money. They LOVE hot dogs.

How many times a day do you call one or all of your boys by the wrong name? Until recently I could have answered never, but now sometimes I have to stop and really think hard of who I am wanting to call. I blame this on 4 children, and not that their names all start with a B, because I have several friends that do this and their kids names are not even similar.

Are you and Dustin planning on adding to your already awesomely adorable family? Nope, Brennan is our caboose, and we have taken permanent measures to ensure this. Although, adoption is something that has always been on my heart and we haven't shut the door on that option yet.

What is your favorite memory of me? Definitely being in the same company in Blue Belles together. That was a really fun year.

Do you remember what I wore to your wedding? I do, which is weird because I can't remember a conversation I had last week. I was going to cheat and go look at pictures, but alas I decided to be honest here. No I don't, but I do remember what I wore. lol

My friend Kierstyn asked:

What's the most romantic thing Dustin has ever done for you? Dustin does so many sweet and romantic things for me. I am all about the little things. When he was gone on a business trip for almost 2 weeks when the boys were 6 months, almost 3, 4 1/2, and 6 he sent me a wonderful edible arrangement (they are like a bouquet of flowers, but made from fruit instead). Being as frugal as I am, I am not really into getting flowers. Granted I love flowers, but I can think of way better ways to spend our money. So it was a huge surprise, and made me feel so special knowing he was thinking about me while he was gone. Not to mention he sent it to work, so I got to munch on it all day.

If money were no option, what would you want for Mother's Day? A trip alone with Dustin sans kids. Maybe somewhere in the Caribbean. Ahhhh, sounds heavenly! Feel a little guilty that my Mother's Day wish does not involve my kids. lol

My friend Amanda from high school asked:

1. How did you go about choosing your boys' names? I picked out names I liked from baby books. Dustin vetoed them all, he could come up with a reason against every one (Colby: it is a cheese, Cameron: my parents live off of that road, etc). Once I picked a name or 2 I liked I would mention it every so often and after a while he came around to them. We didn't intend for all the boys to end up with a B name. In fact, had we known we would have had 4 boys, we probably would have named the younger 2 something other than a B.

2. Ever wish for a girl? :) Growing up in a family with 4 girls and 1 boy I always envisioned myself with a lot of girls. God knew better than I did. While I would have loved a girl, I can't imagine my life with out my boys. I love boys. In the future if we do adopt, we will adopt a little girl. But if we do not I will be content with my 4 amazing boys.

3. Does your family have any pets? Yes, we have a 3 year old lab mix named Shelby, a 1 yr old boxer named Kendall and a 90 gallon fish tank with guppies, mollies, etc.

4. What kind of car do you drive and is it your dream car? If not, what is your dream car? I drive a Chrysler Town and Country minivan. It is very practical for this stage in my life (all 4 boys are still in a 5-point harness and we have no plans to change that anytime soon) so there aren't many other vehicles that could easily handle 4 car seats. My dream car would probably be the brand new Chevy Suburban fully loaded or a fancy little 2 seater convertible, but until we get completely out of car seats I am not planning on leaving the minivan stage.

5. Do you like to cook? What is your favorite go-to meal? I like to cook when I have time, but that doesn't happen very much. My favorite go-to meal is chicken spaghetti. Every one of my kids LOVE it, even super picky Brayden. They get several servings each and our family polishes off the entire 9x13 pan (normally that size pan makes at least 2 meals for us).

6. Something you never leave home without? My cell phone and a diaper. Both very vital and equally important.

7. Favorite guilty pleasure? I had a pedicure yesterday and it was heavenly! It falls into the same realm of I can think of so many other things to spend money on, but every once in a while it is so nice.

No comments: