Saturday, January 23, 2010

One of those days

Have you ever had one of those days were nothing seemed to go right? That bedtime just can't get here soon enough? That was our day today. It started out a little rough with all 3 of the older boys in our bed before the sun came up. Around 6:30 I finally sent them out of our room so I could hopefully get a little sleep. Once we were all up things were going better. We took the boys to the Lowe's kids workshop, and they built tic-tac-toe boards. It was the 1st time we had done that, and it was a lot of fun. Sadly, after that things went down hill quickly. The boys argued, fought, didn't listen and were generally just not behaving at all. I am glad today is coming to a close and we get a new start tomorrow. It is days like today I have to stop and remind myself how lucky we are that our kiddos are here and able to misbehave. After a friend lost her daughter she said that she would give anything to be dealing with terrible twos, tantrums, potty training, teen years, etc. Her words have stayed with me, and on these kind of days I try to remember just how lucky I am. But, wow what a day!

No comments: