Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ten on Tuesdays

With school starting and getting back into the swing of things, I want to focus on things I am grateful for today.

  1. My kids love their school, their friends, and their teachers. The pure excitement they have when they get up everyday and get ready to learn, even Brayden now too.
  2. The older 2 boys are about to start Upward soccer, where they learn to play in a Christian environment.
  3. The older 3 boys will be involved with Awanas at church for almost 2 hours on Sunday nights, which means we can eat dinner in piece with just Dustin, Brennan, and myself they are learning God's Word and storing it in their hearts. It is amazing how quickly they pick the verses up, and how well they remember them.
  4. I have more patience with the boys since I only get to see them a few hours in the evenings before bedtime.
  5. From 7:15 to 4:30 5 days a week I do not have to change a dirty diaper my younger 2 boys are loved on by someone who has become a very good friend of mine and who has way exceeding what I could have hoped for to watch my children. She takes such good care of them, and really loves them. I know 100% God brought us together, because I could never have done so well on my own.
  6. I have a few minutes in between classes where it is quiet, and I can hear myself think. It is wonderful to have a few breathers during the day when I don't have to worry about anything or anyone at that moment. It may only be 10 minutes, but I'll take it.
  7. 3 days a week I get to have a lunch date with my hubby. When we are togther as a family we rarely get to have a decent conversation until the kids are in bed, but during the school year we get to eat lunch just the 2 of us. This is the 1st year when it will only be 3 days instead of 5 due to my schedule, but I still am looking forward to the 3 days.
  8. Brayden will start speech again for his last year. I always love watching how far he comes with his speech during a school year. It is amazing to me that this is his 3rd year already with Mrs. Jones. She is amazing. He would have to be retested after 3 years, and he has done so well that he wouldn't qualify at this point.
  9. Once I clean my house it stays cleaner for longer than 5 minutes. With everyone out of the house from 7:15 to 4:00 everyday the kids don't have enough time to make such a huge mess so it is easier to stay on top of everything.
  10. I love how excited the boys get over something so simple as a new lunch box or a new pair of tennis shoes for school. Or how big it makes them feel to pack their own lunches. It is the simple things in life they seem to really appreciate.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Thank you for the sweet compliments on #5...it really means a lot! You probably want to rethink that though, on days where you show up at my house only to find your boys covered in sand and water! :) :)